Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Salmon Pesto Pasta


I don't think you can ever have enough pesto.  It is SO delicious.  And it makes EVERYTHING taste better, like turkey burgers and hamburgers and plain old pasta.  So, of course I was willing to try the Salmon Pesto Pasta recipe from Annie's Eats in the hopes that  it would make one of my arch-enemies, fish, taste better.  (Not only that, but my pesto recipe even makes another arch-enemy of mine, spinach, taste fantastic, too!)

It's pretty simple:

Step 1:  Make spinach basil pesto.  We usually always have some in the fridge already because we eat it probably once or twice a week!

Step 2:  Make some salmon.  You already know how good salmon is for you (omega-3s and all that).  Annie recommends broiling it for about 10 minutes after coating it with olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.  But maybe some of you like to put it on the grill or bake it.

Step 3:  Make some pasta. I used some bow-tie pasta because I thought it was cute, which would help the fish taste better.

Step 4:  Flake the salmon into little bits.  Stir in about 1/2 cup (or more!) of the pesto into the pasta as well as the salmon.  Top with shredded Parmesan cheese if you like! (p.s. Annie first heats up 5 ounces of evaporated milk, then adds the pasta, and then the salmon and pesto.  I don't think it's really necessary but you can try it that way if you want!)

You can see from my picture that I didn't make very much salmon, so if you love salmon, you'll probably want to include more than I did.  And if you're like me and you don't like fish but you're trying to eat more of it because it's healthy, then I would definitely try this dish because the pesto covers up a lot of the fishy-taste.   



No comments:

Post a Comment